If one is organizing a session for postdocs and grad students to talk speak, one should
- Be aware that 9 half hour talks in a day is very intense.
- Never hold up the session for the benefit for one or two people, no matter how "importnat" they may appear to be. It turns out that this is just disrespectful of everyone else's time
- Try to arrange it in a community of supportive, inquisitive, engaged scientists who promote the culture of asking speakers questions in general. (This was awesome).
- Be careful in how the allocation of who speakes in which session, and who gets promoted out of the youg people's session to teh adult scientist session to avoid feelings of being ghettoized.
- Wine and cheese afterwards never hurts.