Monday, December 3, 2012

Post Thanksgiving eggmus

I thought I had a lot of posts to write after thanksgiving, but either they turned out to be too personal, or I turned out to be too sick/jetlagged/swamped.

But there's nothing like coming back online with stories about Epsilon.

Jetlag is lousy. Jetlagged kids in your bed are worse. 
1:30 am 
Epsilon: Daddy, I can't sleep.
Partner: I know. Keep trying.
E: (Kissing head) I love you. (Rolls over to try to sleep.)
1:34 am
E: (Kissing head) I love you. (Tries to find a comfortable position.)
1:37 am
E: (Kissing head) I love you. (Rolls over.)
1:39 am
E: (Kissing head) I love you Daddy. (Rolls over again.)
1:42 am
E: (Kissing head) Daddy, I love you. (Tosses and turns a bit.)
.....
(Repeat at approximately 3 minute intervals)
....
3:00 am
E: (Snoring)

Can't quite get upset at him for that one.

*******************************

Epsilon's always liked bright colorful socks. Recently, he's become a huge fan of pink. The definition of pretty is now "has pink in it somewhere".

Partner: See that big girl with the pretty shoes?
Epsilon: (Pulling off his galoshes) I know. I have pretty socks!
Big Girl (aged about 5): Are you a girl or a boy?
E: I'm a big boy. .... I'm a big girl.
BG: (Confused) Are you a girl or a boy?
E: I'm a big boy. .... I'm a big girl.
BG: (Frustrated) Are you a girl or a boy?
E: I'm a big boy. .... I'm a big girl.
BG: (To Partner) Is it a girl or a boy?
P: Does it matter?
E: I'm a big boy. .... I'm a big girl.

Sometimes I worry about him holding his head up high in this world of gender roles. Sometimes, I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment