Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The academic rythm

On the first calendar day that I wear a summer dress,
I can taste the pleasure.
Tulips, daffodils, the rains letting up,
the light green leaves finally in a full canopy,
birdsong replaces my radio.
Its all about freedom:
the end of finals
(oh wait, I'm done with that).
The memories of heat and beaches and hiking trips.
The early early mornings,
the sunsets that seem an eternity away.
Shorts and lemonade.
As a friend said
"Spring is when the beautiful people come out."



Actually, it took me a long time to come to terms with the reality that the fact that I don't have classes doesn't actually mean that I have as much time as I'd like to do all the things I love doing during the warm weather... If I have come to terms with it fully. But now I have a window in my office that OPENS. And damn is it a gorgeous day outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment