Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Perverse

Somedays, there's news I can't help myself from commenting on.

For instance: Given how grumpy I've been of late, I'd decided not to talk about North Carolina's Proposition 1 passing last night, extra banning gay marriage, but in addition possibly reducing domestic violence protection for people who are not yet married. Stupidity upon stupidity. There's nothing to say. So I didn't.

Until President Obama said this a bit ago on ABC.
I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married.
 Not perfect. I could ask for more. But I could always ask for more. However, this statement along with his refusal to defend DOMA, and getting rid of "Don't ask don't tell" shows promise.

My partner just asked me.

"Does this mean that same sex corporations in North Carolina can't marry for tax reason's either?"

I had to share. And then he dug up this about when public aproval for mixed race marriages passed 50% in this country. I weep in shame.

1 comment:

  1. Antisocial ScientistMay 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM

    Did you notice that Obama called DOMA the "Defense Against Marriage Act?"

    I smiled a bit at that.

    ReplyDelete